NCYGS Site Details
Getting to Columbus
Getting to the Hotel
You will find several methods for getting to the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbus-University Area.
- The Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) offers many bus route options. One-way fares are $2.00 or $2.75, including transfers. Visit COTA’s website for route planning and detailed fare information.
- Taxis are readily available from the airport. The approximate cost for a taxi from Port Columbus International Airport to the Hilton Garden Inn, Columbus-University Area is about $30.00.
- Airport shuttles can be scheduled in advance.
- Rental cars are also available at the airport.
- Find out more about ground transportation from the airport.
The Hilton Garden Inn, Columbus-University is the Symposium Hotel for NCYGS 2014.
The hotel is 20 minutes from Port Columbus International Airport, and within three miles of the Ohio Union, the headquarters for the symposium this year. It is also within a few miles of the Short North Arts District, full of cultural, shopping, and dining attractions.
Symposium attendees receive the special rate of $115 per night for bookings made by June 15. The group code is NCYGS, and the name of our group at the hotel is National Children and Youth Garden Symposium.
Hotel guests receive complimentary shuttle service to locations within three miles of the hotel, including anywhere on the Ohio State University campus.
Hotel Phone Number: (614) 263-7200
Hotel Address: 3232 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio, 43202
Explore parking information for the Ohio Union at Ohio State University, headquarters for the symposium this year. We will be offering single exit parking vouchers at the reduced rate of $6.25 per car to symposium attendees who wish to park at the Union. These vouchers will be available for purchase each day at the symposium registration table outside the Performance Hall. When exiting the parking garage, you will need to have both this pink parking voucher and the original ticket that you received when you first arrived at the garage in order to receive the $6.25 per car parking rate.
For attendees staying at the Hilton Garden Inn-University, the symposium schedule has information on the daily shuttle schedule between the hotel and the Ohio Union.
We partnered with Uber to whisk you around Columbus easily. First-time users of Uber (the smartphone app for "your own private driver") receive $20 off. Uber is a cashless service that charges the ride and tip to your credit card. Click on the image to download the app and find out more. The code for our discount is NCYGS.